Last Updated: June 6, 2019
Your privacy is critically important to us.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Like most website operators, Board Members collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Board Members’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Board Members’s visitors use its website.
Board Members also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on boardmembersurf.com blog posts. Board Members only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Board Members’s websites choose to voluntarily interact with Board Members in ways that require Board Members to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
How Your Information Will Be Used
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the website.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our website. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing and your
Will Your Information Be Shared With Anyone?
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the website, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the website. These companies may use information about your visits to our website and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Who Will Your Information Be Shared With
Your information may be shared with but not limited to the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
- Facebook Audience Network and Google AdSense
- Content Optimization
- YouTube video embed and Instagram embed
- Data Backup and Security
- Google Drive Backup and Dropbox Backup
- Retargeting Platforms
- Facebook Remarketing, Facebook Custom Audience, Google Analytics Remarketing and Google Ads Remarketing
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
- Facebook advertising and Instagram advertising
- Web and Mobile Analytics
- Facebook Analytics, Google Analytics and Google Ads
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Advertisements and Google Maps
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Board Members discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on the behalf of Board Members or to provide services available at our website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using our website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Board Members will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Board Members discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Board Members believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Board Members, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of https://www.boardmembersurf.com and or have supplied your email address, Board Members may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date with what’s going on with Board Members and our products and services. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Board Members takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Board Members may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. Board Members may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Board Members does not disclose your personally-identifying information.
Information Collection Regarding Minors
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Website. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Board Members may use “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Controls for Do-Not Track Features
Privacy Rights for California Residents
If you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information under the California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law. These rights permit our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at email@example.com or call us at 714-396-3111.